OPGW , Optical Fiber Composite Overhead Ground Wire .The optical fiber is placed in the ground wire of the overhead high-voltage transmission line to form a fiber-optic communication network on the transmission line. This structure has the dual functions of ground wire and communication, and is generally called OPGW optical fiber cable.
OPGW fiber optic cable is mainly used on 500KV, 220KV, 110KV voltage grade lines. It is affected by factors such as power outage and safety of the line, and is mostly applied on new lines.
The applicable features of the OPGW are:
(1) Lines with high voltage exceeding 110kv, the gear distance is large (generally more than 250M);
(2) It is easy to maintain, easy to solve for the problem of line crossing, and its mechanical characteristics can meet the big leap of the line;
(3) The outer layer of OPGW is metal armor, which has no effect on high voltage erosion and degradation;communication cable filling compound
(4) The OPGW must be powered off during construction, and the power outage loss is large. Therefore, the OPGW should be used in the new high-voltage line above 110kv;water blocking cable filling gel
(5) In the performance index of OPGW, the larger the short-circuit current, the more it needs to be armored with a good conductor, the corresponding reduction of tensile strength, and in the case of a certain tensile strength, the short-circuit current capacity must be increased, only increase The metal cross-sectional area, which leads to an increase in cable diameter and cable weight, poses a safety issue for the strength of the tower.water blocking glass yarn