Aluminum Anti Corrosion Grease
OCG 4500 aluminum anti corrosion grease is a high performance grease specifically designed for the protection of aluminium, aluminium alloy and steel reinforced overhead conductors, earth wires and their associated fittings.
OCG 4500 aluminum anti corrosion grease can keep softness in low temperature -40ºC, and its drop point can reach 300 ºC , and it has thixotropy suitable for cold filling technology.Zero oil separation , it has excellent antiseptic antioxidant properties and long term stability.
Main Technical Parameter
Color stability @ 130°C / 120hrs
Flash point (°C)
Drop point (°C)
ASTM D 566-93
Cone penetration @ 25°C (dmm)
ASTM D 217
Oil desperation @ 125°C / 1 hours (Wt %)
OIT @ 190°C (min)
After aging ：
Acid value (mgKOH/g)
After aging :
Cone penetration （%）
Salt spray test （5% NaCl，35℃，168h）
Adhesivity at low temperature（-20℃）
Water resistance (20°C/7days)
OCG4500 aluminum anti corrosion grease has good compatibility with steel, aluminum, it has very good anticorrosion performance,but we recommend you to make a compatibility test before use. May not be compatible with different types of grease, the bare wire should be thoroughly flushed, remove residual lubricant before using in order to avoid incompatible problem.
OCG 4500 aluminum anti corrosion grease is designed for cold coating technology, doesn't need to be heated before use.
Study on Anticorrosive Oil Coating Technology for Overhead Transmission Lines
As an important equipment for oil-coating of wires and a key process for production, the success or failure of the oil sump process determines the success of wire-coating. It is recommended that manufacturers pay attention to the following points:
1. The method of oiling the wires shall be performed in accordance with Appendix B of EN 50182, and the weight of grease shall be calculated according to the oil weight calculation method in the standard.
2. The motor-driven roller is recommended in the oil tank to ensure that the grease can be continuously and evenly attached to the surface of the wire, avoiding the occurrence of grease and causing the surface of the wire not to be oiled.
3. The oil outlet of the oiling device of the wire should be used for the wire with different outer diameter to process the mold of the corresponding diameter to remove the excess grease on the surface of the wire and to ensure the uniform oil coating standard for the production batch.
4. When the oiled wire layer is stranded, set the oil tank, and set the wire diameter control device at the outlet of the oil tank so that the surface of the oil coating layer can be evenly and effectively oiled, and at the same time, the thickness and weight of the oil can be controlled.
5. The grease used for each strand should be the same grease. The quality of qualified oils and greases to be purchased must meet the requirements of the EN 50326 standard. The drop point of grease should be greater than 120°C.
Production management and transportation
During the process of production and coating of wire, in order to ensure that the process of oiling, packaging, and transportation of wire meet the requirements of the owner and the specification, a special commissioner needs to be set up to supervise and manage the special production process of the manufacturer. The specific contents are as follows:
1. Each wire shall have data such as non-oiled wire single weight, oil weight, and single wire weight after oil coating. In the production of oil-free wire weight control, to ensure that the weight within the allowable tolerances of the standard; in the oiling process, to ensure that the grease weight within the standard allowable tolerances; to ensure that the final oil-containing wire weight in the standard allowable tolerances Within (according to the EN 50182 standard, greases have a weight tolerance of ±20% and wire weight tolerances of ±2%).
2. Production and inspection of grease and oil tanks should be done before production. The amount of oiled steel wire must be strictly in accordance with the specifications and contract requirements. It is the inner oil coating, the outer oil coating, and the oil coating thickness. If there is more than one conductor manufacturer, make sure it uses the same type of antiseptic grease.
3. In the oiling process, it is necessary to specify the oiling requirements on the production process card, and the operator must also clearly understand the information on the oiling requirements. During the oiling process, full-time personnel shall be provided to monitor the oiling process continuously to ensure that the oiling is uniform and there is no leakage.